Datascan is a global leader in customized inventory management and count solutions. Our client base is some of the world’s best-known retailers. Our solutions provides improved customer operations and helps to reduce inventory management costs. Due to current business trends, we are facing increased growth opportunities in North America, Europe and Asia.
This is a bi-lingual position that requires fluency in English and Mandarin, both written and verbal. Applicants will be tested on their level of proficiency. This is a remote, work from home position. This position is temporary/seasonal, with possible opportunities for future Full-Time positions.
The Technical Support Engineer provides consistent, world-class product support for Datascan products. In serving as the primary liaison between the company and customer, the Seasonal Technical Support Engineer resolves challenges by supporting cutting-edge self-scanning inventory counting and auditing software across complex, multi-faceted customer deployments.
Our support engineers possess excellent knowledge of customer inventory scanning and auditing needs along with the drive to assist the client when needed. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position.
The Technical Support Engineer provides support for Datascan’s entire product suite. Questions come from a wide variety of sources including clients who need help counting their first inventory with Datascan to clients who have been longtime customers utilizing all of the features of the Datascan product.
- Direct client support via phone or email for a 24*7 call center.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the customer and Datascan for technical and functional related issues
- Analyze and clarify customer technical inquiries, both hardware and software.
- Ensure customer feedback is properly channeled into Management and Research & Development Teams.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Datascan products and inventory self-scanning best-practices
- Educate clients to assist with preventing future questions or difficulties.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, both written and verbal is a must. Agents will be expected to be able to take verbal calls and correspond in writing in both Mandarin and English with clients.
- The willingness to continue learning and improving upon current knowledge
- A Team Player! We are a fun team to work with.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor with a laser focus on customer service.
- Strong typing abilities and ability to easily navigate software.
- Keen decision-making abilities, displaying your ability to take initiative when problems arise
- Proven problem solving/analysis abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment and multi-task
- Excellent and reliable attendance record is a must!
- This position spends up to 100% of paid time on the phone while seated in one location.
- Prior call center experience in a technical environment or Help-Desk experience is a plus. But if you have excellent customer service skills with a hunger to learn, please apply.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- The flexibility to work weekends, overnight, holidays, and overtime is an absolute must. Primary hours may be overnight, but must be available for any shift.
- All offers of employment with DATASCAN require individuals to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. No sponsorships.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
Pay Range: Starts at $15.00+ per hour based on experience and general technical skills
Some seasonal employees may be offered Full-Time positions based on performance and business needs.
This is a remote position. Applicants must have reliable internet.