The Technical Support Engineer provides consistent, world-class product support for Datascan products. In serving as the primary liaison between the company and customer, the Technical Support Engineer resolves challenges by supporting cutting-edge self-scanning inventory counting and auditing software across complex, multi-faceted customer deployments.
Our support engineers possess excellent knowledge of customer inventory scanning and auditing needs along with the drive to assist the client when needed. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position.
The Technical Support Engineer provides support for Datascan’s entire product suite. Questions come from a wide variety of sources including clients who need help counting their first inventory with Datascan to clients who have been longtime customers utilizing all of the features of the Datascan product.
- Direct client support via phone or email for a 24*7 call center.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the customer and Datascan for technical and functional related issues
- Analyze and clarify customer technical inquiries, both hardware and software.
- Ensure customer feedback is properly channeled into Management and Research & Development Teams.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Datascan products and inventory self-scanning best-practices
- Educate clients to assist with preventing future questions or difficulties.
- The willingness to continue learning and improving upon current knowledge
- A Team Player! We are a fun team to work with. No drama.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor with a laser focus on customer service.
- Strong typing abilities and ability to easily navigate software.
- Keen decision-making abilities, displaying your ability to take initiative when problems arise
- Proven problem solving/analysis abilities
- Ability to thrive in a lively working environment and multi-task
- Excellent and reliable attendance record is a must. We need you here!
- This position spends up to 100% of paid time on the phone while seated in one location.
- Prior call center experience in a technical environment or Help-Desk experience is a plus. But if you have excellent customer service skills with a hunger to learn, we want to meet you.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- The flexibility to work weekends, overnight, holidays, and overtime is an absolute must.
- All offers of employment with DATASCAN require individuals to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must have a Green Card or be a U.S. Citizen.
Pay Range: $15.00-$16.50 per hour based on experience and general technical skills
Some seasonal employees may be offered Full-Time positions based on performance and business needs.
We are located at 2941 Trade Center Drive, Carrollton, TX. Please map your commute to make sure it would be acceptable on a daily basis.
Datascan offers competitive salaries and benefits including comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance, life, 401(k) with generous company match, and paid time off.
Datascan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
Datascan is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.