Summary of Responsibilities:
A Simulations Developer who loves challenges and has a thirst for knowledge! You will be responsible for the running of our software simulations programs, data mining from multiple databases, writing of scripts and code to enhance the simulations coverage.
The primary focus of this position is to ensure accurate simulations of our software and hardware platform. There will be some code and script writing, along with the running of the simulations. As our simulations are often ran at low platform usage times a flexible attitude to sometimes working outside normal hours is required.
Why You Should Apply:
This is an interesting position with a huge scope for professional improvement, primarily data mining platform usage and then recreating and scaling that usage within several cloud systems. We use a variety of languages and systems and this position requires the flexibility to thrive in this environment.
- Data mine through SQL databases.
- Record web sessions and then parameterize and scale those sessions.
- Run simulations of web sessions and mobile sessions to recreate expected platform load.
- Define and run breaking simulations to identify bottlenecks in our platform.
- Define and run benchmark simulations to determine the performance of our platform and to measure impact of changes on our platform.
- Identify, code, and implement additional simulation coverage.
- A good understanding of text manipulation, regular expressions, screen-scraping, web and network protocols.
- SQL and No-SQL databases
- A great head for reading and understanding code.
- Knowledge of Networks (WAN, LAN, VPN, Routing)
- Candidate should have solid problem-solving skills, professional demeanor, willingness to contribute at all levels, strong technical skills, ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of application code release management, unit testing and automation.
Datascan offers competitive salaries and benefits including comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance, life, 401(k) with generous company match, and paid time off.
Datascan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.