Experience greater accuracy, more control and less investment of time and money when you implement Datascan. The customized and easy-to-use technology aids your sales associates through the inventory count process from start to finish. Retailers who deploy Datascan also have the audit function and real-time reporting available to them right at their fingertips during a physical inventory count. Our typical retailer engagement is made up of three distinct phases:
Put Your Inventory Process In Action
- Datascan assigns account managers to each client to plan inventories up to a year in advance.
- Account managers work with clients to determine inventory best practices and identify necessary changes to gain maximum efficiency and count accuracy.
- Retailers’ corporate staff interacts with Datascan to plan scheduling of counts, process changes and scanner requirements.
- Software configuration, reporting requirements and change requests are discussed, tested and implemented accordingly.
- Training materials are provided by, reviewed and updated as necessary by Datascan.
- Datascan prepares individual store shipments of scanners and equipment, fixture tags and training materials in advance of the count date.
- The Support Desk contacts each store to assist with equipment set-up, testing and answer any initial questions prior to a count.
- Store fixture maps are prepared and fixture tags are laid throughout the store by the staff.
- A quick 20-minute Training Session is scheduled for the count team, scanners are allocated to the store staff and the count begins.
- Real-time reporting is available to all stores during a count and can be monitored by store managers, store associates and corporate staff.
- Real-time variance reporting is available and drives re-counts as a cautionary tool for the stores.
- Store managers are able to close the count utilizing pre-defined procedures and controls.
- Comprehensive reporting of variances, audits and count results are available immediately after close to those present at the count and others located remotely.
- Datascan’s 24/7 Client Support Center is available to resolve any issues and provide troubleshooting assistance throughout the entire process.
- Stores pack and return equipment to Datascan using the same shipping containers and Datascan’s pre-printed shipping labels.
- Provide productivity and accuracy analysis by store and sales associate.
- Identify inventory trends at the store, department and SKU level.
- Assess effectiveness of inventory procedures, audit policies and store-wide planning.
- Review incoming calls to the Datascan Client Support Center with clients to identify trends and potential areas for process improvement.